These brownies are really good. It is first baked, with the topping scattered over the top during the last 5 minutes of baking. What's not to love about brownies, especially when chocolates and marshmallows comes together, heavenly!
I doubled up the recipe using the recommended 9" baking pan. The brownie bakes beautifully, it is only about 1-1/2 inches high. Except for the sugar, I only use half the sugar called for, and it is just perfect. The ingredients for the topping remains the same amount, as I used the 9" square baking pan as advised, though I did add a little more marshmallows and walnuts.
I baked this doubled recipe for 30 minutes and a further 6-7 minutes after the marshmallow, chocolate chips and nuts topping are scattered over the top.
Rocky Road Brownies
Once baked, let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes or so, then by all means, indulge, you don't have to wait for them to cool down completely! These taste really good when it is still warm with the marshmallows soft and gooey and the chocolate soft and melting!
(adapted from "Cookies &' Treats" Favourite Brand Names)
Makes 1-1/2 dozen brownies
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1-1/4 cups Hershey's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
1 cup sugar (for double recipe, remain as 1 cup sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir together marshmallows, chocolate chips and nuts; set aside. Place butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100% power) 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until melted. Add sugar, eggs and vanilla, beating with spoon until well blended. Add flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, blend well. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 22 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips mixture over top. Continue baking 5 minutes or until marshmallows have softened and puffed slightly. Cool completely. With wet knife, cut into squares.
I would like to thank Sonali of Only Fish Recipes and Jay from Tasty Appetite for passing on the award to me.
Sonali of Only Fish Recipes has a wonderful blog with delicious curries of fish that makes you want to go right into the kitchen to get that curry going. If you are looking for delicious fish recipes, give her blog a visit and you will keep going back for fish dishes inspirations.
Jay from Tasty Appetite, has a wonderful blog with mouth-watering yummies. Her varieties on Indian food and desserts are really fantastic! A sneak into her site will bring you back again, definitely.
1.Accept the award. Post it in your blog with the name of the blogger who has given u this award with a link to his/her blog.
2.Pass it on to 15 other blogger friends…. to keep the ball rolling.
3.Let the nominated blogger know about their award [leave a comment in their most recent post].
I would like to pass on the above award to the following fabulous blogs, at random order :
- Ann from Apples and Twinkies
- Ah Tze from Away Of Mind
- Duxa from Cozinhadaduxa
- Rosita from Barato y Rico
- K from Cooking With K
- Parsley Sage from The Deep Dish
- Amy from uTry. it
- Catherine from Living the Gourmet
- Mary from Keep Learning Keep Smiling
- Alessandra from Alessandra Zecchini
- Cooking Gallery
- Juliana from Simple Recipes
- Michelle from Sweet Luvin' In The Kitchen
- Gwen from Simply Healthy Family
- Lena from Lemon n Spice
Please do pay a visit to these fabulous blogs. You'll make some new foodie pals and you will be glad you did!
Thank you !