Friday, June 24, 2016

Cleansing Cranberry, Orange and Peppermint Tea

It's "Fresh & Fruity" at I Heart Cooking Clubs (IHCC) this week. We are currently cooking with Curtis Stone, and he has tons of recipes using fruits, so selecting a fruity recipe is not much of a problem. I have a stack of Curtis Stone's recipes which I've printed from coles.com a few months ago, before their recipes became unavailable online. This is one of them, Cleansing Cranberry, Orange and Jasmine Tea.


The ingredients to make the cleansing tea ; oranges, dried cranberries and peppermint tea bag. Originally, recipe uses jasmine tea bag, but I did not have any. However, I do have a few other flavours and chose Peppermint Herb, which I thought would be nice with the orange juice.

I made half a recipe as I'm making it for myself. I used two oranges which are squeezed for the juice, which yield almost 3/4 cup, as they are quite big and very juicy. Put everything in a small pot, along with a cup of water, bring to a simmer, then remove from heat and let cool. Strain before serving.



This is quite delightful! Even though there is no sugar at all, it has a hint of sweetness from the dried cranberries and the sweet orange juice. Very nice. I rewarm the tea as I prefer drinking it warm. I was thinking of adding a cinnamon stick or maybe sub the orange juice with apple juice the next time. 


Cleansing Cranberry, Orange and Jasmine Tea
(adapted from coles, Curtis Stone)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1-1/2 cups orange juice
2 jasmine tea bags
2 cups water

  1. Place a pot on medium heat and add the dried cranberries, orange juice, tea bags and water, and bring to a simmer.
  2. Take the tea off the heat, allow to cool and then strain and pour into a jug.
  3. When serving, add some orange rind.


I'm linking this post with I Heart Cooking Clubs (IHCC), theme for this week,
Fresh & Fruity


11 comments:

  1. It does sound very soothing and refreshing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been really enjoying tea lately, both early in the morning and before bed. I also love the scent of squeezing fresh oranges. Looks delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Often a lovely cup of tea is just what we need in our lives. Just to sit down, relax a moment and sip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love healing healthy herbal teas like this and I like the mix of the orange, cranberry and peppermint. I agree with you, I think that a cinnamon stick would be nice in it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful and refreshing tea! I like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting combination. Looks comforting and soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you used mint tea as the base for this. It's refreshing on its own and the added fruit would make more so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always drink tea the whole day. Cold and refreshing teas like yours in summer and hot tea in winter. Great recipe

    ReplyDelete