Thursday, May 25, 2017

Stir-Fried Tofu with Black Bean and Chilli

This colourful stir-fry dish tastes as good as it looks (from the photo in the book, that is!). The main flavouring comes from Laoganma black bean sauce, a rich oily black bean relish made from fermented black soy beans, chilli oil and other seasonings. I thought that this sauce is delicious! It is not the same as the regular black bean sauce. It has chilli oil and other seasoning, which makes it really tasty. 


To make this dish, I've used spiced firm tofu, which is sliced to strips. The veggies; celery, red pepper, onion, spring onions are all to be cut to similar size as the tofu. For the Laoganma black bean sauce, I have added an extra tablespoon. Get everything sliced up and all the other ingredients ready before you start with the stir-fry. 

This dish is a delicious way of cooking tofu, a tasty dish with hot fluffy rice, though I could settle down with a pair of chopsticks and enjoy this dish alone!


Laoganma black bean sauce

The recipe can be found here.


I'm linking this post with Cookbook Countdown #17 hosted by 




4 comments:

  1. LOL, I bought a bottle of something from this brand before! Could be the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Joyce, this is one of the BEST tofu creations that I have ever seen. So packed full of flavours. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joyce,
    I like this tasty spicy tofu dish with porridge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a big fan of tofu maybe i can use chicken.love the sauce though enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete