Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Parmesan Chicken and Mustard Roasted Potatoes

I Heart Cooking Clubs (IHCC) is cooking The Way To Jeffrey's Heart this week. Jeffrey is the husband of Ina Garten, and in IHCC words "Ina Garten knows the way to a man's heart is through his stomach and she has known The Way To Jeffrey's Heart for nearly 50 years! 

If you've watched Ina Garten on Food Network then you know that Jeffrey is really the star of the show. Ina is constantly spoiling Jeffrey with her cooking, whether she is making his Friday night chicken, packing them a picnic, or cooking French in their Parisian home. In fact, as proof, she has an entire cookbook dedicated to Cooking For Jeffrey!"


Well, I do not have Ina's latest cookbook Cooking For Jeffrey, but I would like to think that this Parmesan Chicken recipe of Ina's from one of her other cookbooks and Mustard-Roasted Potatoes are some of Jeffrey's favourite, as obviously he loves everything that Ina cooks! Lucky Jeffrey!



First, the Mustard-Roasted Potatoes, which takes an hour to bake. I've used Russet Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks. Toss the potatoes with sliced onions, then mix with olive oil, whole grain mustard, salt and pepper in a baking tray. Bake for 50 minutes to one hour until the potatoes are tender and brown in some spots. Turn the potatoes every 15 minutes or so, so that they cook evenly. Serve with some chopped parsley, of which I have used fresh coriander.



For the Parmesan Chicken, Ina uses chicken breast but I have used boneless thigh instead, as that was what I had in my freezer. Pretty easy to make, the chicken is coated with seasoned flour (a mixture of flour, salt and pepper), then dipped in beaten egg, and drenched with a mixture of dry breadcrumbs and grated parmesan cheese. Heat two tablespoons of oil (Ina uses a mixture of butter and oil), fry on both sides until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with salad greens with some simple dressing. Ina's salad dressing is similar to the one I always make at home, the only difference is I've added some honey to taste. We love this simple dressing, and one that was often requested by my son and daughter when we have salad like this served alongside roasted meat or chicken. With the added honey, this dressing is especially good with bitter salad greens. I usually served a bowl of this dressing on the table, and let everyone help themselves to drizzle on their own greens, they prefer it that way too! And on the plus side, any leftover greens can be stored in the fridge clean and dry.


Both recipes can be found at these links :
Parmesan Chicken at barefootcontessa.com
Mustard-Roasted Potatoes at foodnetwork. com


I am linking this post with I Heart Cooking Clubs (IHCC), theme for this week
The Way To Jeffrey's Heart


6 comments:

  1. That wholegrain mustard roasted potato looks really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love roasted potatoes, these looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip with the dressing, no sogging leftover salads! This chicken dish sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummm. I started trying out Ina's recipes after they started her recipes on IHCC, but never got to upload them , its end of the year so lots of school activities and all :). have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I noticed this chicken recipe when I was looking through Jeffrey's favorites. It sounds so delicious with the crispy cheesy breading - you can't go wrong with that. I also love the mustard potatoes (mustard is such a favorite of mine). Great way to give big flavor to potatoes. Loved the tip about adding honey to the dressing. I will have to give that a try next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a delicious meal and one that my family would like. That chicken looks so good and crispy.

    ReplyDelete