Saturday, March 14, 2020

Ginger Fried Rice

Fried rice is one of our favourites, be it for lunch or dinner, either cooked at home or when dining at Chinese restaurants. This week, at Cook The Book Fridays, the selected recipe from Dorie Greenspan's cookbook, Everyday Dorie, is Ginger Fried Rice.

Any vegetables can be used, but I've followed the recipe, using cabbage, bok choy and carrots. For the add-ins, I've used Chinese sausages, which I've pan-fry lightly and added to the stir-fry later. I've used more ginger than the recipe calls for, about 1/4 cup, we love ginger, and more garlic, of course. Did not have ponzu sauce, so I've used soy sauce and have also used more gochujang paste.



I've made some crispy fried ginger, which we sprinkled some over our plates of fried rice. After all it is ginger fried rice. And more ginger is always good for you. This ginger fried rice makes a nice filling lunch!


4 comments:

  1. Love ginger a lot! This looks so tasty and moreish, Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to find the upper limit in the amount of garlic and ginger in fried rice. Love those crispy fried ginger add-ins on top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a colorful dish! I think this dish could have used more sauces like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really delicious !!!

    ReplyDelete