A tasty and easy dish for dinner. Just 3 ingredients and teriyaki sauce. I used the Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce with Roasted Garlic, but any teriyaki sauce will do. I bought some organic baby asparagus from the market to prepare some pasta lunch for my kids, and have some left in the fridge. Wondering what to do with it, well.. I have some prawns in the freezer, a bottle of teriyaki sauce, put them all together with the addition of crispy fried garlic, this is the dish on my dinner table. My family love this! I have a request to cook this again!
Asparagus with Teriyaki Prawns
250 gm baby asparagus
15-20 medium-sized prawns
6-8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, chopped
4 tbsp teriyaki sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp water
some cooking oil
salt to taste
- Clean asparagus and cut to 2" sections.
- Clean prawns, remove shell but leave the tails intact. Devein prawns and marinate with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce and sugar for about 15-20 minutes.
- Heat about 4 tbsp oil. Fry sliced garlic till brown and crispy. Dish out and set aside.
- Remove some oil (keep aside to be used later) and leave about 1 tablespoon in wok. Fry chopped garlic till brown and fragrant, add in asparagus. Stir and add in about 1 tablespoon hot water and salt to taste. Stir for a further 3 minutes or until asparagus are cooked. Dish out to a serving plate.
- Pour back the retained oil earlier into the wok. Add in prawns together with the marinade juices and stir, adding some salt to taste. Keep on stirring until prawns are cooked, about 4-5 minutes. When prawns are cooked, add in the remainder 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce. Give a quick stir and dish out to the serving plate, placing the prawns on the asparagus. Garnish with fried garlic crisp. Enjoy !