This is one delicious cupcake! Moist with plump raisins, with a very soft texture and just the right amount of sweetness. This cupcake is so good. I made changes to the original recipe, and came up with this. This is definitely a keeper! I ate two of this the minute they are warm enough to eat. They even taste better the next day and can be kept for several days in an airtight container. These are great for picnics and parties. I'm bringing this to "Potluck Sunday at Mommy's Kitchen".
Almond & Raisin Cupcake
250 gm salted butter
110 gm brown sugar
180 gm self-raising flour
50 gm ground almonds
1/8 tsp salt
4 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
zest from 1 lemon
100 gm raisins
- Soak raisins in warm water (just enough to cover raisins) for 20 minutes. Drain and dry on paper towels. Take about 2 tbsp of the flour mixture and mix to the raisins to coat. Keep aside.
- Sift self-raising flour and salt together. Add in ground almonds and whisk to mix evenly.
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla essence and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, scraping sides of bowl each time.
- Fold in sifted dry ingredients and mix gently.
- Add in the raisins and stir gently till evenly mixed.
- Pipe out or spoon batter into medium sized paper cups and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for about 20-25 minutes or till cooked.