My gifts has arrived! This is the prize that I have won in the Culinary Smackdown Battle Chile October 2010 courtesy by the gracious Rebecka of At Home With Rebecka. My kids are extremely excited that mommy has received a big package from the mailman! My eight year old son said, "Wow!", you would have thought he won this instead of me!
The teapot and cup set is really sweet and pretty. I absolutely love it! The apple spice tea has a light pleasant fragrant aroma. This would be perfect for my tea in the afternoons. I would usually have my cup of coffee in the morning, but in the afternoons, I would have my daily cup of tea, and this is perfect! Another pleasant wonderful surprise from Rebecka is a jar of her homemade Habanero Peach Salsa. Thank you Rebecka, for all this wonderful gifts.
I baked a Rainbow Chiffon Cake the next day, and enjoy it with my new teapot set and the fragrant Apple Spice Tea. Even my son asked me whether can he have a sip of the tea in my new cup!
The Rainbow Chiffon Cake, goes with my happy mood, is a delight. It is really good, perfect with a cup of tea (Apple Spice Tea, for me!). It has a really soft, spongy texture, moist and delicious. If you like chiffon cake, I urge you to give this a try. Here's the recipe :
Rainbow Chiffon Cake
(adapted from "Chiffon Cake Is Done" by Kevin Chai)
Egg Yolk Batter
6 egg yolks
4 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
50gm caster sugar
110gm self-raising flour
few drops green food colour
few drops pink food colour
few drops yellow food colour
1 tsp cocoa powder (I use 1/2 tsp chocolate paste)
Egg White Foam
6 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
100gm caster sugar
- To make egg yolk batter, combine egg yolks, cooking oil, milk, vanilla essence and sugar in a mixing bowl. Fold in sifted flour until forms batter.
- Divide batter into 4 portions. Add in the different colour separately, mix until well blended.
- To make egg white foam, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar until mixture forms soft peaks. Gradually add in sugar, whisking at high speed until frothy and stiff peaks form.
- Divide egg white foam into 4 portions. Gently fold into egg yolk batter separately, mix until well blended.
- Pour the green, pink, cocoa and yellow batter into ungreased 9 inches (22cm) tube pan by sequence. Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 30-40 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cooled.
WANT TO BE THE NEXT WINNER ?
CULINARY SMACKDOWN "LET'S GET TANGY WITH CITRUS" NOVEMBER 2010
For more details and to submit your entry please click here. Remember the challenge ends on November 29th, 2010 at 12.00 noon, Malaysia time. Good luck!
11 days left to submit your entry!