I have a can of green peas in my pantry and wanted to use it up. I immediately thought of this dish. This is a dish that brings back childhood memories. My mother used to cook this for us when we were little. We love eating this with plain white rice. We were poor back then and a big can of green peas with some minced meat or a can of luncheon meat and lots of potatoes could feed all of us with a full, satisfied tummy. And we love it! Now my kids love this!
This dish is extremely easy, quick and delicious eaten with bread too! Give this a try and enjoy!
I'm sharing this simple, satisfying dish with :
Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Recipe Swap Thursday at Prairie Story
Minced Meat with Potatoes and Canned Green Peas
200gm minced pork or chicken
3 medium potatoes
1 small can green peas
1 medium onion, sliced to 8 wedges
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp chicken powder seasoning (optional)
2 tsp black soy sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
white pepper to taste
1/2 cup water
some cooking oil
- Marinate minced pork or chicken with oyster sauce and set aside.
- Peel potatoes, cut to quarters lengthwise and slice to about 5mm thickness across. Heat some oil and fry potatoes, until light brown and cooked. Dish out and drain. Keep aside.
- In remaining oil (about 2 tablespoons) remove some oil if excess, fry onions till fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add in minced meat and stir until meat is no longer pink.
- Add in potatoes, whole can of green peas including brine, water, black soy sauce, white soy sauce and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes. Adjust taste accordingly. Serve hot. Enjoy with plain white rice.