Thursday, June 8, 2017

Hangzhou Aubergines

This is a delicious aubergine dish, goes really well with white fluffy rice, as part of a Chinese meal with a plate of green veggie stir-fry, a bowl of soup and a meat or egg dish. Though I would be happy with just this one dish alone with hot fluffy rice.

There's quite an amount of oil used in the recipe, to fry the sliced aubergines. I use only about half a cup of oil, enough to fry one side of the aubergines, then I turned the aubergines to fry on the other side. This way there's no need to use so much of oil for deep-frying. Be sure to drain the fried aubergines on kitchen paper to absorb all the excess oil. I have doubled the amount of minced pork, and added a little more of the fermented sauce, and soy sauce. Taste as you cook, to your liking.



This is not a new dish to me, as it is really a dish that can be found quite commonly in Chinese restaurants over here, and one of our favourites. But it is interesting to see how the same dish is being cooked in another part of the world. A delicious dish that I will definitely be cooking again in my kitchen.

The recipe can be found here.

I'm linking this post with Cookbook Countdown #18 hosted by 




I have happy news  to share, Kitchen Flavours has been selected by Feedspot as one of the Top 50 Malaysia Food Blogs on the web. You can read all about it, and see the full list at Feedspot.

Malaysia Food Blogs

Thank you Feedspot. I am honoured!



4 comments:

  1. Hi Joyce ! I love your recipe. I love aubergines!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A homey and very delicious dish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be delicious over a bowl of steaming hot rice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce, this is one of my favorite dishes! I always order it if I find it om the menu. Must cook this at home!

    ReplyDelete