Thursday, July 20, 2017

Golden Raisins Financiers

This month, at The Cake Slice Bakers, the four recipes selected from the book World Class Cakes by Roger Pizey, which we are currently baking from are ;

Raspberry Angel Cake 
Hazelnut Dacquoise 
Blueberry Financiers
Plum Madeira

Members can choose any of these cakes to bake, and my choice is Blueberry Financiers. 



The only thing is I did not use blueberries, which I was planning to use, but at the last minute, I've used golden raisins as I have been thinking about making a tea cake with golden raisins for weeks! I've made half a recipe, which yields 6 financiers, and the only change I've made to the recipe was to reduce the sugar to 1/4 cup and I've added 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the batter. The mould I had was slightly longer than the one used in the recipe, and the shape is oblong instead of rectangular. Baking time remains the same at 20 minutes.

I have also omitted the apricot glaze for the baked financiers. 



These financiers are delightful to eat, very moist and yummy. The only downside is, the raisins sank to the bottom, but that is OK with me, as these little tea cakes are really nice. Perfect with a cup of warm tea.



9 comments:

  1. They look so good! I love your financier mould, Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, your golden raisin financiers look cute and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea to put raisins in it! They look very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love golden raisins and your take on these! My second choice bake was the Blueberry Financiers. I may have to try your take on it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the golden look of your bake Joyce! the look very nice indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that crumb texture.. will remembers raisins (but hubby dislikes them) so half raisins and half blueberries if I make these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to try these with raisins next time and I like to oblong shape better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely agree that these would be absolutely perfect with a cup of warm tea. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete