Monday, August 21, 2017

Olive Oil Cake With Fresh Apricots

This month, at The Cake Slice Bakers, the four recipes selected from the book World Class Cakes by Roger Pizey, which we are currently baking from are ;

Olive Oil Cake with Fresh Peaches
Hummingbird Cake
M'hanncha
Oliver Peyton's Strawberry and Majoram Cream Tart

Members can choose any of these cakes to bake, and my choice is Olive Oil Cake with Fresh Peaches. But instead of peaches, I've used fresh apricots.



I made half a recipe and bake in a 5" cake pan, and it bakes up like a giant cupcake! Maybe I should have used a 6" cake pan instead. This is a simple cake with all the basic ingredients, instead of butter, it uses olive oil.



The cake has moist, close crumbs and I thought that this is just an ordinary cake, nothing special that would make me want to bake it again. I prefer the Danish Apple Cake which I baked months ago from the same book, maybe I have always prefer using butter in my cakes instead of oil.





7 comments:

  1. Your cake is precious! Love the apricots - good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very moist and tender...an excellent cake to enjoy with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely :) never tried using olive oil for baking yet. Kept putting it off must give it a try soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks good, Joyce. I've always wanted to make an olive cake but haven't attempted it yet. Like the apricot addition. The apple cake sounds great! Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say that I wasn't overwhelmed by this cakes either and tend to prefer the flavour that butter gives. I like the idea of using fresh apricots though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no problem with butter cakes, I do enjoy olive oil cakes - once in a while! But absolutely must reduce the amount for sugar in all my bakes! Unless, I forgot? teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a big fan of fresh apricots so I love that you used them in your cake. I really wish that you could get good quality apricots here, but most of the time they are mealy since they have travelled so far. I would love to try this.

    ReplyDelete