Friday, June 14, 2019

Mushroom-Bacon Galette

Over at Cook The Book Fridays, the selected recipe from Dorie Greenspan's cookbook. Everyday Dorie, is Mushroom-Bacon Galette. A savoury free-from tart, with mushrooms, leek, bacon, walnuts for the filling.



Dorie's galette dough is a pleasure to work with. I did reduce the sugar to only 1 tablespoon.  The filling is very tasty, cooked using the following ingredients ; bacon, mushroom, leeks, garlic, white wine, heavy cream, walnuts, parmesan, fresh thyme (I've used rosemary), and black pepper. 



I did not sprinkle any parmesan over the baked galette, simply because i have forgotten ! But it was good too without the parmesan. The next time if I were to make this again, I will omit the walnuts, since we prefer the bites where there wasn't any walnuts.



Please visit CtbF to see the other bakers view on this galette.

This post is shared at Cookbook Countdown #42

8 comments:

  1. Love galettes this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore savoury tarts and bacon makes EVERYTHING taste better :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to remind myself to reduce the amount of sugar in Dorie's recipes. The aromatics are sweet enough. This galette is easy and winning at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh . This is my kind of galette, loads of mushrooms , yumm

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's my kind of galette, perfect with mushrooms! I saw this in her cookbook and have it on my list of must tries, and will soon after seeing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was SO good. You can't really go wrong with mushrooms and bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was so good. I'm looking forward to hopefully making some fruit galettes this summer, the recipe was so easy. Can't seem to comment as me, so I used anonymous. This is cheznana...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was soooo good! Yours turned out beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete