Made some Blueberry Cheese Tarts today, one of my daughter's favourite. Sometimes we buy this from the bakery and it is quite costly, about RM2.50 each. It is much cheaper to make and we can eat all we want! It really is not difficult to make. Just invest in some tart moulds, you won't regret it. Think of all the yummy tarts that you can make. This recipe is from Alex Goh's book "Irresistible Pastry". It is really very good and so easy to make. I will definitely be making this again. The kids and hubby gave the thumbs up for this. Here's the recipe :
Blueberry Cheese Tarts
(adapted from "Irresistible Pastry" by Alex Goh)
For the Pastry
100gm icing sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp milk powder
- Cream (A) lightly and add in (B). Cream until smooth.
- Add in (C) and mix until well blended.
- Press into the tart mould.
For the filling
250gm cream cheese
25gm whipping cream
some blueberry pie filling
- Press the pastry into the tart mould. Prick some holes onto the pastry shell and bake at 190C for 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Leave it to cool.
- Filling : Cream (A) until light and smooth. Add in (B) and cream until well blended. Add in (C) and mix until well combined. Lastly add in (D) and mix until well incorporated.
- Put the cheese filling into the baked pastry shells. Place some blueberry filling onto it and swirl it into a marbling effect.
- Bake at 200C for 10-12 minutes.
- Glaze with apricot gel if desired.
(my notes : This recipe makes about 20 tarts. 300gm pastry is not enough. I make the full recipe for the pastry and I have about 8 extra shells, keeping this to make orange tart. I weigh 35gm of pastry for each shell, maybe you could try it at 30gm)