1 pc sliced garoupa
15 whole garlic cloves, remove skin (choose the plump round ones)
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped red chilli
a bunch of coriander leaves, chopped (or spring onions)
For the braising sauce:
2 tbsp hot bean paste
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp soy sauce
- Clean, wash and pat dry fish slice. Fry fish on both sides until cooked and crispy.
- Fry whole garlic cloves in hot oil until golden brown. Remove, drain and put aside.
- Leave about 3 to 4 tbsp of oil and saute chopped garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add in hot bean paste and stir for about 1 to 2 mins. Add in oyster sauce, sugar, soy sauce and water. Bring sauce to boil. Test for taste. Sauce should be a little salty and sweet.
- Add in fried fish and fried garlic cloves and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes, turning fish once halfway through.
- Dish up fish and thicken the sauce with a little cornstarch solution. Add in chopped coriander, stir and pour sauce over fish. Enjoy !