Trying to clear some of my pantry ingredients. Made these Muesli Bars. Chewy, not too sweet and so yummy!
Smells so good while it was baking.
Rather addictive to snack on, it was hard for me to stop at just one!
Apricot Choc-Chip Muesli Bars
(The Australian Women's Weekly : Homebaked)
125gm butter, chopped
1/2 cup (110gm) firmly packed brown sugar (loosely packed)
1 tablespoon honey
2-1/4 cups (200gm) rolled oats
1/4 cup (40gm) sunflower kernels
1/4 cup (20gm) desiccated coconut
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup (75gm) chopped dried apricots
2 tablespoons dark Choc bits
- Preheat oven to moderately slow. Grease 20cmx30cm lamington pan, line base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edge of pan.
- Combine butter, sugar and honey in medium saucepan; stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer butter mixture to medium bowl, stir in oats, sunflower kernels, coconut, cinnamon and apricots.
- Press mixture into prepared pan, sprinkle with Choc bits.
- Bake in moderately slow oven about 30 minutes or until browned lightly.
- Cut into pieces while still warm, cool in pan.
I'm linking this post with Cookbook Countdown #36