Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Fish-Fragrant Aubergines

A simple flavourful dish, what we would call, an "everyday dish". Best eaten with fluffy rice and great with plain congee too. 



The brinjals I used are from my garden pot, harvested when the brinjals are young and tender. I pan-fry the pieces of brinjals cut into batons, in a little oil on both sides. The sauce is then cooked and the brinjals are stirred in for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.

If you would like to give it a try, the recipe can be found here
(or from Every Grain of Rice by Fuchsia Dunlop)

I'm linking this post with Cookbook Countdown #29 hosted by 


2 comments:

  1. I wish I could have the whole bowl! Looks so flavourful and so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it looks delicious. Its so nice you can pick vegetables from the garden. I am one of the people who tends to kill the plant rather than grow, have tried a few times but so far before it can give a fruit or vegetable it dies :(

    ReplyDelete