Friday, December 14, 2018

Roasted Squash Hummus

Recipe number 3, Roasted Squash Hummus, from Everyday Dorie, at Cook the Book Fridays.

I love hummus but the only hummus I've ever tried are the ones made from chickpeas. So I was looking forward to make this Roasted Squash Hummus,  using butternut squash. 

To make this hummus, butternut squash are first roasted till tender, mash into a puree, then stir in the tahini, pomegranate molasses (I've used pomegranate concentrate, using only about a teaspoon), za'atar, salt, pepper, cayenne and lemon juice.


To serve the hummus, spread a layer of Greek yoghurt in a small serving bowl, and top with the hummus. Drizzle some olive oil over, and scatter over some pomegranate seeds, of which I have omitted as I did not have any. The hummus can be served with pita or as a dipper for fresh crunchy vegetables. 

This hummus is on the sweet side rather than savoury and I wasn't keen on the flavour.  I'm a fan of savoury hummus, so this is just not for me. 


9 comments:

  1. Love her cookbook and this sounds good! I agree with you about savoury hummus though, and will pull out recipe and see. Thanks, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too adore creamy butternut squash. This looks healthy and yummy with all the veggies aside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This plate with hummus looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a departure from the usual hummus. I like Dorie's new twist on this. Yours look exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks nice, but I understand that you were put off by the flavor. I used balsamic and although the flavor was not as fruity it still felt a bit off. On to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you did not like this much, but what a lovely plate up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one doesn't seem to be a hit for many. Yours looks delicious though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like a few people weren't too sure about this one. We enjoyed ours with lots of carrots and celery too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I didn't like this one much either. It does look pretty with the colorful veggies though.

    ReplyDelete