A simple stir-fry dish that is truly a Chinese dish, goes great with white rice. The french beans is a tasty vegetable that has a sweetness of its own. I just simply microwave the french beans to precooked it first before stir-fry. Or it can be precooked in a pot of boiling water for about 3 minutes and drain. I opt for the microwave which is quicker and simpler, with no additional pots to wash! Just three main ingredients, french beans, minced meat, salted fish and you will have a tasty vegetable dish!
French Beans with Minced Meat and Salted Fish
300gm french beans
100gm minced meat (pork or chicken)
15gm salted fish fillet
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp black soy sauce
3-4 tbsp water
dash of pepper
2 tbsp oil
- Clean french beans and cut to 2" sections. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Marinate minced meat with oyster sauce. Set aside.
- Wash and pat dry salted fish fillet. Cut to small pieces.
- Heat cooking oil. Fry salted fish until brown and crispy. Remove and set aside. Saute chopped garlic until light brown and fragrant. Add in minced meat and stir for about 2-3 minutes or until meat is cooked.
- Add in water, black soy sauce and pepper. Stir well. Add in fried salted fish. Stir for a minute and mix in the french beans. Stir till evenly mixed. Serve hot. Enjoy!