This cupcake is really moist and delicious. It's great for tea time snack. Mine turned out really moist, maybe I add a little bit more banana than the recipe calls for. I reduced the sugar slightly because the bananas are really ripe and sweet! I use the berangan variety. I soaked the cranberries in water for about half an hour and squeezed dry before using.
Orange Craisin Banana Cupcake
(adapted from "Tempt Cupcakes To Excite" by Betty Saw)
100gm butter, diced
80gm caster sugar
1 large egg (70gm)
1 tsp grated orange rind
1 tbsp orange juice
85gm self-raising flour, sifted
210gm ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
40gm craisins, 9gm reserved for topping and remainder coarsely chopped
15gm almond flakes for sprinkling
9 large paper cases
- Cream butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg for 1 minute and add orange rind and juice.
- Fold in flour alternately with mashed bananas. Stir in craisins.
- Spoon mixture evenly into paper cases and level the surface.
- Sprinkle with almond flakes and place a craisin on the centre of each cupcake.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175C for 25 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a wooden skewer.
my notes : I add 1/4 tsp orange essence for flavour.