No-Fuss Focaccia, is really no fuss at all! It is extremely easy and quick to put together, and you'll be enjoying it within two hours! And it is really tasty and good! Found this recipe from King Arthur's Flour, don't you just love this fabulous site, I do!
I made this twice actually, the first time we had it on its own with a cup of tea. It is really tasty and good enough to eat it as it is. The next day, I made it again, this time we ate it with a can of Campbell's Mushroom Soup. Simply dip into the hot soup, Yummy! This bread is best eaten on the day it is made.
Super easy to make. There's NO kneading! Just mix all ingredients in the cake mixer, after about a minute, the dough which is actually very soft and sticky, is placed in a greased baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap, make sure you grease the plastic wrap well. Leave it in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour.
After about an hour, it will be puffy and nice. Make indentations all over with your fingers and drizzle lightly with some olive oil all over and in the indentations. Sprinkle with any dried herbs you like, I use Pizza Seasoning, and bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes. Simple, isn't it?
Delicious smell from the oven when it is baking!
Leave it for 5 minutes in the pan after baking, and turn out to a wire rack to cool.
We eat it warm (couldn't wait!), really good!
I'll be making this again!
Great for weekend lunch!
Fluffy and soft!
Blitz Bread : No-Fuss Focaccia
(source from : King Arthur's Flour)
1-1/2 cups warm water
3 tablespoons olive oil (plus additional for drizzling)
1-1/4 teaspoons salt
3-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 tablespoon instant yeast
4 teaspoons Pizza Dough Flavour, optional
1/4 cup Vermont Cheese powder, optional
Pizza Seasoning, optional
- Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan, and drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil in the bottom.
- Combine all of the ingredients, and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 60 seconds.
- Scoop the sticky batter into the prepared pan, cover the pan, and let it rise at room temperature for 60 minutes, till it's become puffy.
- While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 375F.
- Gently poke the dough all over with your index finger.
- Drizzle it lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle with pizza seasoning, and/or the dried herbs of your choice, if desired.
- Bake the bread till it's golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, wait 5 minutes, then turn it out of the pan onto a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.