Monday, March 28, 2016

Cookbook Countdown #3 : Stir-Fried Rice Noodles with Black Beans, Chillies and Coriander

Cookbook Countdown is a monthly cooking/baking event, which I'm co-hosting with Emily's Cooking (Makan2) Foray.  Everyone is welcome to join us. How does it work? To summarize, you may select a cookbook from your own cookbook collection, to cook or bake from each month. That selected book shall be your cookbook of the month. You may cook any recipes and as many recipes as you want from your selected book of the month. This is a fabulous way of using your cookbooks at least once! For more information on how to join Cookbook Countdown, please click here


************************


Cookbook Countdown #3 : Recipe No. 7 - Stir-Fried Rice Noodles with Black Beans, Chillies and Coriander from my selected cookbook for this month, My China by Kylie Kwong


I cook noodles almost every week, as it is a quick and easy meal to prepare, and makes a very filling meal. There's a few noodle recipes in Kylie Kwong's "My China" cookbook, and I just got try at least one. I've chosen to cook Stir-Fried Rice Noodles with Black Beans, Chillies and Coriander, all my favourite ingredients in a stir-fry!


Stir-Fried Rice Noodles with Black Beans, Chillies and Coriander.

Get all the ingredients ready as this is a quick stir-fry noodle. I have used much, much, more of fresh coriander leaves and stems, even though the recipe uses only 1/3 cup. Knowing that the veggies will wilt in the hot stir-fry and 1/3 cup is really not enough, at least to me! I have used a large bunch of coriander, the more the better! 


A quick weekday lunch. Simple, tasty and fragrant from the coriander. This would make a lovely meal for vegetarians.


Stir-Fried Rice Noodles with Black Beans, Chillies and Coriander
(adapted from "My China", Kylie Kwong)
500gm (1lb) fresh rice noodles sheets
1/4 cup peanut oil
2 tablespoons salted black beans
1/3 cup finely shopped coriander (cilantro) roots and stems
2 large red chillies, finely chopped
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil

Cut noodle sheets into 1 cm (1/2 in) strips and carefully separate them.
Heat peanut oil in a hot wok until surface seems to shimmer slightly. Add black beans, coriander and chilli and stir-fry for 1-1/2 minutes, stirring constantly to ensure the black beans do not burn. Toss in rice noodles and stir-fry for 1 minute.
Add remaining ingredients and stir-fry for a further 3 minutes or until noodles are heated through. Serve immediately.


I'm linking this post with Cookbook Countdown hosted by 



2 comments:

  1. You have me crave rice noodle stirfry, Joyce. This looks so tasty and moreish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks spicy and delish!

    ReplyDelete