Soft, fluffy and good! Extremely easy to make. Made this for breakfast and the kids enjoyed these with some warm blueberry sauce. I will be making this again, yummy with some strawberry sauce or honey and would be fantastic with chocolate sauce! I got this delicious recipe from Allrecipes.com , a great site to look for home recipes.
(source from Allrecipes.com)
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoon white vinegar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (use half if using salted butter)
2 tablespoon butter, melted
- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and pour into "soured milk". Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until the lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cooked until browned on the other side.
A W A R D S
Thank you ladies, for forwarding these awards to me, I'm honoured! Some of you may already know these two wonderful blogs, if you do not, then do stop by their wonderful sites. They have wonderful delicious yummies both in their cooking pot and in their baking pans! Once you pop over to their site, you will surely be back again visiting! Thank you again, Jay and Love2Cook.
Seven things about myself :
- I'm addicted to cookbooks! But then, who doesn't??
- I love watching "The Power Puff Girls" and "Tom and Jerry".. are you laughing??
- I try not to watch sad story on TV, they make me cry..
- I love coffee AND tea!
- Stayed near the beach until I was fifteen, but never knew how to swim!!!!
- The first book that make me cry when I was eight, "The Little Match Girl" by Hans Christian Andersen.
- I read my first "Mills & Boons" when I was eleven, WOW! and never look back!
I would like to pass on those lovely awards to the following fantastic blogs :
- At Home With Rebecka
- Angie's Recipes
- Brenda's Canadian Kitchen
- Cajun Delights
- Canela Kitchen Recipes
- Cucina di Barbara
- les reves d'une boulangere
- Miz Helen's Country Cottage
- Mom's Sunday Cafe
- scrambled hen fruit
Do visit these fantastic blogs, they are all truly wonderful!