Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Spinach In Ginger Sauce

I have made some delicious meals from Fuchsia Dunlop's cookbook, Every Grain Of Rice. Spinach In Ginger Sauce is another winner. There are more dishes that I will be sharing as I cannot seem to stop cooking from this book!



This is listed under the Cold Dishes section in the book.  A bunch of spinach are first blanched briefly in hot boiling water, then refresh in cold water, drain and very gently squeeze out any excess water from the spinach. They are then arranged on a cutting board, cut into sections, and arrange neatly on a serving plate. The sauce is then poured over.

To make the simple sauce, you would need to finely chop some ginger, place into a small bowl and mix with some Chinkiang vinegar, soy sauce, water, salt and sesame oil. You may need to adjust the soy sauce, salt and vinegar to your liking. I did use double the amount of ginger as we love ginger!



This spinach dish goes well together when served with a rich dish such as braised pork, as part of a meal with rice, as it is slightly sour, salty and gingery nice. So it helps to cut down on the richness of the rich braised meat. We love this spinach dish, a definite repeat. 

The recipe can be found here.
(or from Every Grain Of Rice by Fuchsia Dunlop, pg 64)


I'm linking this post with Cookbook Countdown #20 hosted by 



5 comments:

  1. A homey and delicious dish! Love esp. that ginger sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo beautiful Joyce!! I loe spinachs !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the cookbook recommendation, Joyce. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an intriguing recipe Joyce. Sounds like a pretty amazing book too! Thank you so much for sharing and thank you for visiting my blog:) I sure miss "the good ol' days" of blogging and virtual picnics. Perhaps again one day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh I love this, miss these dishes I enjoyed in Malaysia, thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete