Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Fruit and Four-Grain Biscotti

It's been a while since I last baked from Dorie's Cookies with Tuesdays With Dorie bakers. Fruit And Four Grain Biscotti was one of the recipe selected for January. Biscotti is one of my favourite snack to munch on. I like eating it for breakfast, tea-time treat or simply a snack anytime of the day. 

Looking through the ingredients list, I have all of the ingredients except kasha aka buckwheat groats. I have replaced it with sunflower seeds instead. For the dried fruits, I've used raisins. There's wheat germ, whole wheat flour, rolled oats, and flavours from these spices ; grated nutmeg and ground cloves. I've used ground nutmeg instead of grated. The dough was pretty easy to do, shaped into logs and baked for 25 minutes until lightly browned and firm. Let the dough rest for 20 minutes and then cut into slices. Dorie says to use a serrated knife, but I find that the dough breaks apart in pieces. I switched to a regular straight bladed knife which is very sharp, and it works well, almost all the pieces stay in one piece, some with little cracks, but acceptable. Bake the pieces until golden brown, about 30 minutes more, turning them over halfway into the baking time. 




These biscotti are very crispy, flavoured with a touch of the spices, love the nutty sunflower seeds and the sweet raisins. An absolute delight to snack on, I love these! Quite addictive! Yum! 

To see what the other bakers has made this week, please visit Tuesdays With Dorie


I'm linking this post with Cookbook Countdown #37

2 comments:

  1. Crunch, nutty and delicious...I would love a few for my tea now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used granulated almonds in place of the groats, but i like your sunflower seeds idea better! yum-- they look great!

    ReplyDelete