What's for lunch today? One of Donna Hay's quick Egg and Bacon Pie. This is so easy peasy and would definitely bring some smiles from your kids. What's not to love when bacon and eggs comes together! With some green veggies and a glass of cooled juice, a satisfied and complete meal in a matter of minutes!
I used a muffin pan instead of a pie tin as stated in the recipe. Greased the pan and lined with one slice of bacon, topped with the egg mixture and bake for about 15 minutes.
Butter and toast some bread till crispy, with some greens at the side and a glass of cool orange juice.
Mmmm... this is so simple and both my kids love it.
Egg and Bacon Pie
(source from lifestylefood.com, Donna Hay)
6 rashers thinly sliced bacon, rind removed
1 cup (240gm) creme fraiche or sour cream (I use yoghurt)
2 tbsps flat-leaf parsley leaves
pinch of salt and coarse black pepper (my addition)
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Grease 4x12cm round pie tins and line each with 1-1/2 rashers of bacon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, creme fraiche and parsley. Add in a pinch of salt and coarse black pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the tins and bake for 25 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and the egg filling is just set.
- Serve with hot buttered toast.