Friday, March 2, 2012

Emergency Blender Cupcakes : ABC March 2012

This is my third bake with ABC, and we are currently baking from "The Weekend Baker" by Abigail Johnson Dodge. And I love all three recipes that I've tried so far! When this cupcake was chosen for this month's bake, I was pretty curious, as these cupcakes are called "Emergency Blender Cupcakes"! Yes, the batter is mixed in a blender!


The dry ingredients, like the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda are all whizzed in the blender to mix evenly and the wet ingredients, egg, oil, hot water and vanilla extract are then added in,  make sure you scrape the sides two or three times and blend until the batter is evenly mixed. Pour the batter into the muffin pan lined with cupcake cases and bake for about 17 to 19 minutes. Mine was done in exactly 17 minutes. Leave to cool in pan for about 10 minutes and remove to wire rack to cool completely. 

Though these cupcakes can be done without using the blender, I decided to follow as it is, as I was really curious about using the blender for the cake batter, first time I've tried with this method!


The fudge frosting is heavenly! I frosted some of the cakes when the fudge was still gooey and silky. Look at how silky and smooth it is, and the addition of salt makes it so yummy! I only made half the fudge recipe, and it was more than enough. I frosted the rest of the cupcakes when the fudge has thickened, last picture below.


This cupcake is really good!


The fudge frosting and the cupcake makes one perfect combination.


The texture of the cake is really moist, soft and tender, almost brownie-like, and it is not too sweet, the sweetness is just right! If you are looking for a good chocolate cupcake, quick and easy, this is it! Would you like to give this a try? You can get the recipe from the book "The Weekend Baker" or here.  Abby has made this with another frosting, Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting, which can be found in her blog, here. Whichever frosting you choose, I'm sure you'll enjoy this cupcake, as much as we have!


Frosted the rest of the cupcakes when the fudge has thickened. Either thickened or silky smooth, it's yummy! You'll be licking your fingers clean!





Please visit  my fellow bakers at Avid Bakers Challenge (ABC) to see their delicious cupcakes. Want to join in? Visit ABC to find out more!

30 comments:

  1. wow, Joyce, you are fast .. LOL ... nice cupcakes. looks very chocolaty ... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cupcakes turned out fabulous! You're the second ABC-er to rave about the fudgy frosting. I'm going to have to try it one of these days. I'm sure I can come up with an occasion to make these cupcakes again. They're sooooo good!! I love how chocolatey they are :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cupcake looks delicious with yum frosting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! These chocolate cupcakes look delicious and decadent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Good to have an emergency plan in place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so delicious! You have really captured all the details. It is perfectly baked, looks so soft and gooey in the middle and has a lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These have my son-in-laws name all over them! Thanks Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are decadent! And I have to make them. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember blender cupcakes, although I had forgotten them until just now. They were all the rage when blenders were more popular back in the 70s I think. Sounds like I had better get my blender going for these they look so darn good I may just dream about them tonight. And Brownie-like? uh Oh I might be getting up in the middle of the night just to whip them up!

    Thanks so much for sharing...Your shots are picture perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cupcakes look so rich and awesome, and the name of the cakes, what should I say now..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm now just as curious as you were regarding the blender and you have proven it, the cupcakes look wonderfully moist and gooey, sedap!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, these look delicious and chocolately! What an interesting method!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, i can see your cupcake is super rich! send some for me please..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks very nice! I'm sure my kids will like it !

    ReplyDelete
  15. mm..nice..i shall be making some too this sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A blender cupcake...how interesting! They look luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. For a chocolate lover, this is temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How easy is that - mixing the ingredients in a blender! I love it! These look so good Joy, I bet your kids loved them! A perfect afternoon snack. Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This chocolate cup cake is indeed heavenly, can imagine the taste of the cake with the chocolate frosting.... mmm

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, wow! This is a forget about dieting, slimming, going to the gym kind of cakes.
    Add a moonlight night, red candles, Frank Sinatra songs, a bouquet of red roses....
    And it will be a long night.
    Ha ha.

    Love this cupcakes! Looks sinfully delicious!
    Have a beautiful Sunday.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  21. these cupcakes look SO delicious!! I could eat a whole batch! Just found your blog and it's lovely, signing up to follow!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your cupcakes look so delicious! I just wish I could grab one right off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! They look so decadent and chocolatey! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These were so chocolatey I hesitated putting the frosting on! They were delicious without it too. Yours look extra decadent, like the perfect chocolate indulgence!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great photos; i can almost taste the chocolaty sweetness.. and in the blender; wow.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  26. I agree, the frosting was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yum your cupcakes looks so moist and chocolaty! I love the swirl that you made on the frosting in the last pic...somehow I can never do that!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Again such lovely frosting.. and I didn't make it! After reading a couple of fellow ABC bakers I think maybe it's our Dutch "taste" that ruled these out as not so good. Mine looked as moist as yours and yes I fully agree,almost brownie like. Nice ones!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yes, the cupcakes were delicious weren't they? You waited only an hour for it to harden?! Somehow mine never was able to do that.. :)

    ReplyDelete