Friday, May 31, 2013

THB : Lemon-Glazed Buttermilk Bundt Cake

Bake #19 at The Home Bakers (THB), Lemon-Glazed Buttermilk Bundt Cake, is chosen by Grace of Life Can Be Simple. Grace, you've picked a fine one! This cake is simply delightful, I ate three mini bundlets after taking these photos, while they are still warm and lemony delicious!  



The original recipe is baked in a big bundt pan, but I have scaled down the recipe to half and chose to make mini bundlets instead. Which got me exactly 12 mini bundlets. The only changes I made was to omit the nuts and use dried cranberries instead, and it was a super good choice! For the buttermilk, I have replaced with my usual mixture of homemade yoghurt and milk. I have also reduced the sugar slightly to 1/3 cup for half a recipe. 


Do not skip on the lemon glaze! It is lemony, not too sweet and so perfect when drizzled over the mini bundlets. Make such a pretty little cake!


The texture of the cake is very light, moist and tender, and I'm glad that I've substitute the nuts with dried cranberries, it was good!


I'm pretty pleased with this lemony cake, another keeper recipe!



For the full recipe, please visit Grace from Life Can Be Simple and to view other members' bake, drop by The Home Bakers (THB).



Welcome to The Home Bakers


We are a group of home bakers who are currently baking from "Coffee Cakes" by Lou Seibert Pappas, until each recipe from this book has been baked. This is our bake no. 19 and we have 41 recipes more to go. If you are interested to be a member and join in our bakes, you may drop me an email at kitchenflavours@yahoo.com.

#50/100

24 comments:

  1. No , I won't be tempted to bake these yumminess ! You're such a bad influence , Joyce lol I've got some yogurt left from my last bake - I'll drop you a line , maybe .......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love tangy and sweet flavours. These mini bundt cakes are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cakes look simply awesome! Wonderfully prepared.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see that these cakes looking really good especially with the sauce glaze. Very lemony flavour

    ReplyDelete
  5. Estos pastelitos se ven deliciosos y húmedos,hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you make the best cakes! These look heavenly and I can't wait to try them! Thanks for the great recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These lemon bundt cakes look wonderful. I would have eaten 4!! Blessings dearest. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joyce, I enjoyed the cake very much. My girls said the glaze was too sour though. Love your mini versions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good! Great idea with the dried fruit instead of nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are super cute! I need a bundt pan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look amazing and I love all with lemon Joyce!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wah..cantiknya. so cute your little bundt cakes. nampak lembut and sedap.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joy Joy.. it such a nice recipe and this is tempting cos i love lemon.. will try it out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks yummy! I like the look of these little bundt cakes too! The lemon glaze sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joyce, your bundts look so pretty and moist!!! I love the way they look. I'm so glad that you love this bake as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Joyce,

    Your mini bundts look delicious. I agree too that the glaze is a must :D

    Due to my travels, sad that I didn't bake this cake :(

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Joyce, I love mini bundts, but haven't bought them as they can be pretty expensive :( And washing them can be quite a headache haha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i'm also thinking of omitting the nuts, will be baking mine soon and will be posting the previous one soon too! LOL! sorry for my late submission :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice mini bundt cakes & agreed with you that this is indeed a delicious cake. And the glazing goes perfectly with this cake. I must try with some cranberry when I bake this cake next time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi,

    "I have also reduced the sugar slightly to 1/3 cup for half a recipe."

    May I know if you use it for the cake or glaze? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Ally,
    I have reduced the sugar for the batter. For the glaze, I followed the given measurement from the recipe.
    Thank you for stopping by, do you have a blog that I can visit?

    ReplyDelete