Monday, January 3, 2011

1st Blog Anniversary!

Kitchen Flavours is one year old! Still a baby at blogging! I just couldn't imagine that it has been a year of blogging. I started blogging with the encouragement from my sisters. At that time, I thought that it was silly of them to encourage me! (yes, dear sisters!), mainly because I do not know what blogging is all about, whenever someone mention about blogs, I am totally ignorant! Blogging is totally alien to me. My sisters explains that since I enjoy baking and cooking so much, I could blog about it and meet other bloggers to share recipes with. And I thought that who would go to the trouble of typing out the recipes when there are other million things to do like housework, which never seems to get done! My sisters managed to convinced me to 'give it a try, you can stop anytime you want to'! So I thought, OK, I'll give it a try. Now the first step is to choose a name, and it took me days to make up my mind! LOL! My sis helped me to register and set the whole blog thing out for me.




Then I have to publish my first post! Gosh, I do not know what to write about! Besides my family, who else are going to read my blog? And if anyone else should read it, it will be complete strangers! I am not good at writing, so my first post is a very brief introduction of my favourite tree! For the first few months, only a few read or commented on my post. The numbers grew and my followers grew very slowly. My very first follower and commenter, other than my sisters, was Angie from Angie's Recipes. Angie is very sweet and very supportive. She still is, thanks Angie!




As I cooked and baked for my family and friends, most posts are created along the way, and my confidence in blogging grew. I even started another blog on gardening! I can never imagine that a year later, I would have a follower of more than 70 and page views of more than 20,000. And all this is because of your support and encouragement. The 'strangers' that read my blogs has now become  foodie cyber friends across the globe. It has been an interesting year of sharing and learning. I have learnt so much from all of you, the interesting food and recipes that I have not seen or heard of. Food and desserts that I have heard of but not interested in trying out, now has been bugging at the back of my  mind until the day I try them out! Read about your family, tradition, celebrations, the ups and downs in our daily life, all this reflects how similar we all are even though we are at different corners of the globe. 




Thank you to all of you for the support and encouragement.  Here's to another year of great blogging. Wishing all of you a great and happy 2011, and another year of  sharing and learning from each other. Cheers!

12 comments:

  1. Happy 1st year! Congratulations and many more to come I'm sure. I enjoy my visits here and want to tell you that your are a great inspiration to others, thanks for what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! 1 year is hard work. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blog Anniversary! Keep it up!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 1st Anniversary! I have no idea it's been only a year since you started blogging. You're doing a great job and I'm glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blog Birthday to you! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy blogoversary and a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats!one of the best things is knowing people from everywhere and i'm so glad that i've met you thru here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi friends,
    Thank you for all your sweet wishes! Glad to know all of you! Looking forward to another great year of blogging. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 1 year anniversary Joy with many more years to come. You have a wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad your sisters encouraged you to start blogging! I love reading your blog. :) Congratulations on your one year blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete