Monday, June 10, 2013

Cook-Your-Books #1

Cook-Your-Books is all about cooking or baking from your many cookbooks or magazines that you have collected over the years. If you love collecting cookbooks, read them like novels and trying out new recipes, then this is the perfect place to share. It's time to get those books (or magazines) out of the shelves, and start using them. Bake or cook anything from any of your books or magazines, and link your posts to Cook-Your-Books here at Kitchen Flavours. The linky will start on the 10th of every month right up to the end of the month. The submission with the most views will be featured at the next Cook-Your-Books.



 photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg



A little note when submitting your post to Cook-Your-Books
  1. Linky for submissions will start on the 10th of every month right up to the end of the month. The submission with the most views will be featured at the next Cook-Your-Books.
  2. All submissions must be new and current posts, within the current month. Old posts will be deleted. Please link directly to your post, not your homepage.
  3. Please mention from which book or magazine you are cooking or baking from.
  4. Please mention Cook-Your-Books in your post and link it back to Kitchen FlavoursYou may display Cook-Your-Books badge anywhere in your post.
  5. Please leave a comment after you have linked.
  6. Optional, but it would be great if you could visit at least one link, everyone loves visitors.

Link-up with Cook-Your-Books #1 from 10th - 30th June !

27 comments:

  1. I've linked my first link for Cook-Your-Books! Looking forward to your links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great event Joyce. I think more people will love to share their recipe from their own favourite cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Joyce, I will think what can bake! I love:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Joyce, I LOVE this event! I'm really, really, really going to try and participate. You know how "addicted" I am to my cookbooks. I say, you say, it's about time I actually cook from one, lol...Fingers crossed, I'll try. Louise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning joyce, congratulations on your event. I just linked up mine at no 2!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyce, this is such a brilliant idea!! I need to start dusting my shelf and get my cookbooks tagged :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea Joyce! We all need to do this more. I have so many cookbooks I haven't touched (even though there are some great recipes!) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Joyce, a great new blog hop! Will encourage me to dig out my cook books :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce, this is a great event! I am so glad you organized this because it will motivate me to try out recipes from my many, many cookbooks instead of just admiring the photos. Hah! Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyce, hope I can participate this event too... although I just tried a new recipe last night but didnt take good photos if not sure can join soon lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Joyce, this is a wonderful idea. A great excuse for me to try out more recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Joyce,
    This is a good initiative, time for me to take out my dust-covered cookbooks. I have many baking books from the 孟老师 series which my sis painstakingly brought back from TW to SG and then to BE, but sadly I have not used even 1 recipe for the past 2 years. Time to stop bookmarking recipes from internet and using recipes from my own cookbooks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you don't mind me joining in.....I saw your post at IHCC and thought that it was a wonderful idea. I need all of the encouragement I can get to cook/bake from my ever-growing collection of cookbooks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Joyce, This is great. This gets me started, to cook and bake all those recipes which I am holding back. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun event, Joyce! I just made a chicken recipe from an old cookbook...we all loved it. If I can make a post out of it, I'll link up here :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome event, Joyce! Now I've to go thru all the cookbooks/ magazines & get started! Definitely joining this event! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So it's high time that I bring out all the cook books/magazines that have been lying idly in the cupboard and start cracking!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Joyce! You're not going to believe it but I actually dug out a cookbook I've been wanting to share just so I could join in this fabulous event! Thank you so much for giving me just the nudge I needed. It was fun! And, I visited some of the other enticing recipes and they all sound so yummy! Thank you again, Joyce. Louise

    ReplyDelete
  19. ivy sew http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.comThursday, June 20, 2013

    Hi Joyce,
    I like this event as it encourages me to dig my recipe books. Know what? I love to collect cook books and have a big collection of it but all are collecting dust! But shy to say that I am not a good cook... :( Well, just linked my first post for Cook-Your-Books and if time permits, will link more posts to this great event. Thanks Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! Look at all those entries! I'm sorry Joyce, I have to run! So much deliciousness to discover!

    ReplyDelete
  21. first time joining ths event :)
    thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Joyce, I've submitted a recipe! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Joyce
    I've just linked up to Cook-Your-Books #1 :-D
    Check out post #50 ;-)

    Glad you started this event, 'cos I have lots of recipe books and forgotten recipe scribbles, which I know will come to great use now. LOL!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Joyce I added other récipe to this event! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Joyce,
    Such a brilliant idea to have this 'Cook your books' event.
    I have a few to link up.
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  26. Joyce, this is such a brilliant idea!! I need to start dusting my shelf and get my cookbooks tagged :)

    ReplyDelete