Saturday, August 3, 2013

Stir-Fried Century and Salted Eggs Combination

Eggs are a favourite in my house, and I suppose that could be same in almost every household, especially with kids. Eggs makes a super quick meal, when you are rushing for time, or simply just want a simple and easy meal, eggs never fails to deliver! 

For one of the weeknight dinner, I made this egg dish because I have some leftover stewed meat from the previous day, and wanted to have something simple to go with rice along with the leftover stewed meat and a stir-fry green veggie. This egg dish is just the one!


A simple and delicious plate of stir-fried three types of eggs!


Century eggs and salted eggs. Do you like century eggs? In my house, we love both century eggs and salted eggs. 

This recipe uses century eggs, salted eggs and the usual chicken eggs. The salted eggs are cooked till hard boiled and both the salted and century eggs are chopped to pieces. Recipe uses only the egg yolks from the salted eggs, but I have used the whites as well. The ones I bought are not really salty and they are perfect. The chicken eggs are beaten lightly, and season with a pinch of salt and pepper with a dash of sesame oil. Mix the chopped eggs and some sectioned spring onions into the egg mixture and stir gently to combine. The recipe calls for some parsley as well, since I do not have any, I just used a large bunch of spring onions. Heat some oil in a wok, pour the egg mixture into the hot oil and stir gently until the eggs are cooked. I like mine a little brown, so I have stir-fried longer so that the eggs are golden and fragrant. Dish up and serve.

For homemade Salted Eggs, you may refer to my post here.


Yummy! Perfect with rice or even with congee. 



I'm linking this post with Little Thumbs Up, where the ingredient for this month is Eggs, hosted by Baby Sumo from Eat Your Heart Out, and organized by Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids, together with Doreen from My Little Favourite D.I.Y.



 photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg


and :
Full Plate Thursday hosted by Miz. Helen's Country Cottage
See Ya In The Gumbo hosted by Ms. enPlace


Stir-Fried Century and Salted Eggs Combination
(adapted from "Stir-Fry Delights" by Amy Wong, with some changes)
2 century eggs, peeled and chopped
2 salted eggs, boiled, peeled and chopped
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
a bunch of spring onions (cut to 1" sections)

Seasoning :
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp white pepper powder
1/2 tsp sesame oil

Mix the beaten eggs with seasoning, stir to combine. Add in chopped century egg, chopped salted eggs, spring onions, parsley (if using) together, stir lightly until well combined.

Heat up 2 tablespoons oil in the preheated wok, pour in egg mixture, stirring constantly over high heat until cooked through, remove from heat, serve hot.

#69/100

23 comments:

  1. I love century eggs! This is a great stir-fry to go with some congee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious combination. Excellent preparation.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  3. really delicious! Is saturday there? OMY here still is Friday but is by the hours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy stir fry...like the combo...looks colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Joyce, how I do love eggs. I would love to try both century eggs and salted eggs but I'm afraid my doctor would probably beat me with a wet noodle, lol...Sounds delicious though, have a little extra for me:)

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an egg lover's dream--three types! My favorite part is how fast it can be made. Thank you for linking, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stir fry looks so yummy and tasty ... it's a must try next week . :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious! I adore eggs, but I have never had salted eggs before. I want to try them now! Thank you for sharing such a delicious stir-fry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My! This looks certainly yummy and salivating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks delicious , Joyce ! I've tried steamed version of this :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Joyce, I think I like this stir fry more than the usual steamed version. More fragrant with lots of spring onions and sesame oil. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love eggs as well. Should give it a try for the stir fry version instead of steam version that I use to cook. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. eileen, hundred eighty degreesSaturday, August 03, 2013

    Hi Joyce, I love century eggs, your version sound interesting! Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting dish using all 3 types of eggs and I love it! Great to go with rice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ivy sew http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.comSaturday, August 03, 2013

    Joyce,
    How I love this eggs combination. Droolingggg.... By the way, try to cut down on commercial century eggs. If possible, learn to make it yourself. I happen to read an article on the commercial century eggs which contain a kind of chemical and preservative that is quite hazardous to our health if consume too much. Can't remember the name.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is a wonderful dish. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks interesting and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Joyce, I like all these 3 kinds of eggs. I made a steamed version last week too. Thanks for linking to LTU! :) Have an egg-cellent weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've eaten 3 types of eggs steamed but yet to hear of fried 3 types of eggs. Mmm... something to think about. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great weekend and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Joyce, sorry I am late in catching up! Now, this egg is definitely my kind of dish! Extra century eggs for me hah! hah!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love salted egg & spotted some at the asian store recently . But I'm not keen of century egg though & I don think I can find it over here. Have to do some reseach first hah. :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yums, this is the first time I 've seen this recipe. I never knew you could stir fry them in this combination. They look good. This recipe is going to my to-cook list.

    ReplyDelete